- An Astronaut’s Guide to Life on Earth: What Going to Space Taught Me About Ingenuity, Determination, and Being Prepared for Anything by Chris Hadfield
- Cress by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles #3) – In which Rapunzel is a hacker trapped in a satellite.
- I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai and Christina Lamb
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman – A man returning to his childhood town confronts a frightening past.
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion – A genetics professor goes on a quest to see if he is capable of true love.
- We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler – Family drama with a monkey thrown in for good measure.
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith – A classic American coming-of-age taking place in the slums of Brooklyn.
- This is Your Brain on Music: The Science of a Human Obsession by Daniel J. Levitin
- The Painted Girls by Cathy Marie Buchanan – Exploring the life of one of Degas’ real-life models, and a notorious criminal trial from 1800s Paris.
- Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle – three shorter YA stories perfectly suited for the season!